2016 SMArchS Thesis: Integrating Dynamic Rural Clusters into Multimodal Town through Endogenous Development
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, USA
Master of Science in Architecture Studies
Tianjin University (TJU), Tianjin, China
Bachelor Degree of Architecture, cumulative GPA 3.64/4.0
Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Tainan, Taiwan
Exchange student of Bachelor Degree study in Architecture
Award of excellence for top 2% from 196 students
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
Perkins+Will, Boston Office (internship)
Tech and Lab Group
.. Takeda, 300 Mass Avenue, Cambridge, MA
- CA Phase in Tech and Lab Group: Drew construction detail of roof terrace. Designed glass separation wall between office and lab experiment spaces..
- Marketing: Developed schematic drawing of Takeda office and lab project.
.. Rhode Island Student Dormitory
SD Phase in High Education Group: Analyzed existing site condition of Rhode Island University. Modeled three construction proposal.
..Urbanism Research: [Meta-hutongs], Beijing Design Week
- Conducted the main section of the two-year program, [Meta-hutongs]. Acted as one of the 4 core members in the curatorial team.
- Held two Round Table Conference, and conducted the multi-disciplinary discussion of professionals from urban planning, architecture, media art, and history preservation. Present the results in the exhibition of Beijing Design Week.
- Translated between English and Chinese.
- Developed the website from concept to construction.
- See: http://www.meta-hutongs.org
..Xi Hai courtyard reconstruction design project
- Mapped and drew from concept to construction.
- Built the website for MIT fabrication course, How To Make (Almost) Anything http://fab.cba.mit.edu/classes/863.14/people/sun_qiuying/index.html
- Mapped Eastern Tombs of the Qing Dynasty, Hebei, China.
- Special Mention in 2013 Housing Tomorrow International Architectural Design Competition. Project to be published in Future
- Excellent prize of Autodesk Revit Cup 2013 National student competition in sustainable architectural design.
- 1st prize of excellent works selected from all architecture Students nationally.
- Excellent Student Scholarship of TJU. (Award of excellence to top 15% students each year)
- Scholarship of Nanbo Co.,Ltd. (Awarded to top 10% students out of 172)
- Excellent prize in National English Contest for College Students (NECCS)
- Advanced proficiency in Rhinoceros, GIS, Grasshopper, 3D Max, Revit, Vray, Maxwell, Auto-CAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamwaver, Microsoft Office
- Skillful in Ecotect Analysis, VasariBeta, Space Syntax, Processing
- Fluent English: GRE 321, 151v+170q, TOEFL iBT 104, Speaking 28
- Native in Mandarin Chinese